Main Menu

TX9 Black 1971 340 'Cuda

Started by GrandpaKevin, March 20, 2018, 11:27:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodgemania

76orangewagon

Hmm...that's like 10 miles from my house I might have to investigate this a little more.

CudaMoparRay

Definitely a picture and a price would do wonders

Spikedog08

I hate when there is no price . . . pictures certainly would help!   :drunk:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

76orangewagon

I contacted my buddy who is looking for a Cuda and he had already been in contact with the guy. My buddy asked if he would be interested in a Trade. Here is the picture he sent Cuda.   

tazinhawaii

That pic doesn't match the description at all.  Ad talks about flat black billboards, and a lot about how the motor is torn apart and block sanding still...  Something screwy.

76orangewagon

My Buddy and I were thinking this was before the teardown...

realn96

I'm  betting its the old
"that's what it will look like when its done" :haha:

scf100

yea that car pictured is too nice to be all the work he stated.....

no price seems fishy
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

Dakota

The craigslist posting has been deleted.

82firebird

He posted this car again last Friday. I saw it and immediately emailed him. He called me and I went to take a look.. it was solid and legit. Very accurate to the description in the CL ad. Basically needed the engine bay painted, engine rebuilt and could be reassembled but IMO it needed a complete paint job as it wasn't nice enough to install all new parts onto. It was a simple case of someone having a car that never should have been taken that far down without having the ability to put it back together.

Have said all that, he would not mention a price what-so-ever. I was VERY interested in buying the car but without him knowing what he wanted, made it impossible to buy. He kept referring to the finished value of the car and that he had around 60K into it. I asked him what it would take to buy and again, he him-hawled around. He said he would like me know later that night. Never heard from him and so I tried to get back with him on Saturday. He emailed me Monday and said he had taken a deposit on the car and that it was most likely sold. Hopefully someone here bought it. I was a bit annoyed that he didn't give me a chance but that's life sometimes. My guess is that he really does not have a buyer or he told me that and really has no intention of selling it. Either way, I had to post that the car and the ad were legitimate.

GrandpaKevin

I saw it was reposted also.

Sounds like he's not real motivated or desperate to sell and is just tossing the car out there with the hopes somebody will come along and make a crazy $$$$$ offer on it.

I would have been frustrated too in wasting my time with a seller who is playing games, hopefully it wasn't too far of a drive to look at the car.

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I wanted to buy an Orange Viper coupe in Winnipeg (2 days drive from me). The guy dicked around and around, I sent a friend local to it over to inspect it and it checked out. I told the guy I was buying one and what was his price. He dicked around some more, I told him I was looking at another one, he said go look at that one and get back to me. I looked at the other one all right and it was perfect, I called the guy and gave him a last chance but still a game. He called me a week later and I said too bad, I wanted a coupe but you weren't serious so I bought the roadster. There is nothing in this world I need bad enough to play games like that.
Sheldon