Main Menu

1986 RAM Hotwire question

Started by cuda hunter, December 22, 2019, 08:05:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Ok.

The pictures are what I have for a hotwire on this truck until I can find a correct column.

The yellow is the starter
The red is the battery
The pink is the coil
the blue is the alternator

So I believe the pink(coil) and blue(alternator) go together on the new switch at the IGN stud.
The battery(red) goes to BAT
The yellow(starter) goes to ST

This leaves a heavier black with red stripe
a black that is medium heavy
a black that is small gauge

Where do these three blacks go?  Anyone? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I know it's not an ebody so bare with me please.

So the larger black with red stripe is the heater and goes to the IGN
The medium black wire is the radio and goes to the ACC

The black small one, don't know.  When I am in the IGN on position, I touch the small black wire to the STarter
bolt and the starter turns.

Any clues as to what that one small black wire is?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I also got a red Brake light in the instrument display when I touched the small black wire to the BAT terminal.

So, that would be my lights maybe for the instrument cluster?
Would that need to be ACC or IGN. 

OR are the lights for the instrument cluster only controlled by the pull knob on the dash?

cuda hunter

https://ramchargercentral.com/vehicle-help/

I do cross post.  Truck guys over there of course.  But I like you guys.
Twice the amount of views over there in the same time. 

If this is not supposed to be in here, admins, please just kick me out. 

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cuda hunter

It did shed a little light.  But picture did not show where that one 18 gauge Black wire goes.

Thanks,  I was wondering if I would get one reply. 

Bullitt-

if you could trace it back to the bulkhead the second diagram would ID...
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cuda hunter

I will try that when I get out to the garage today. 
Thanks again Wade!

73_Cuda_4_Me

:dunno:

I am sure a lot of members on here would LOVE to help out with answers, but you are in some uncharted waters for a lot of us...

Those that have some clue to help out will no doubt chime in where they can, and the rest of us will cheer you on with hopes of success!!!

:bradsthumb:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

JS29

Sounds like a question for @Slotts He is the guru when it comes to that stuff!  :help:

Bullitt-

cuda hunter

thank you, I'm sure it will help.