Main Menu

70 Challenger Temp Gauge queick question

Started by peterro, August 24, 2018, 08:17:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

peterro

Hi all,

70 Challenger that was originally a 318 with the standard C----H temp gauge. What is the temp range for the lines on the gauge? Just looking for the numbers to get an idea where I am.

Thanks.

dodj

I don't know the actual number. I run a195* tstat and the gauge runs at approximately 1/3 of full sweep. So i figure half way is around 200*? Maybe 210? :thinking:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

303 Mopar

If it helps, the temp gauge on my Charger has numbers on it with a mid range of 170-210 so halfway would be 190.  I would think calibration would be close on these gauges.

Claudia

Below are pictures that I took of the gauge cluster with measurements of oil pressure and temperatures from an IR gun:

First: 70 @ 150
Second: 60 @ 170
Third: 50 @ 180
Fourth: 40 @ 190
Fifth: 34 @ 200

dodj

Thanks for that post Claudia. I think I need to check/replace my t-stat. I'm running in the 170*-180* range....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Slotts

Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

RUNCHARGER

Almost all of those factory gauges are different. A lot of mine have been in the middle with a 180 and just above the middle with a 195.
Sheldon

peterro

I put in a new 180 stat and now it sits about in the middle. From what I remember when I daily drove this car, it usually set near the lower end. I'm guessing it had a 165 in it then. Thanks for the info.