Main Menu

Rallye temp gauge

Started by 73chalngr, March 09, 2019, 12:31:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

73chalngr

Is there anything special about temp sending unit for rallye gauges ? Aftermarket gauge works fine . Have about 6 volts coming from volt limiter . Thought it was a gauge problem but OER replacement not working either .  Only thing I could come up with is the sender is somehow different.

73chalngr

Well I shorted the signal wire at intake and needle pegged . So I ass u me sending problem

JS29

Quote from: 73chalngr on March 09, 2019, 01:04:45 PM
Well I shorted the signal wire at intake and needle pegged . So I ass u me sending problem
From my experience I would say yes.   :alan2cents:

73chalngr

Yeah I think aftermarket 12 volts. Rallye 6 volts.  At store now

73chalngr

Well that does not appear to have solved the problem

dodj

Are you inadvertently insulating the sending unit somehow (tape or silicone)? If you shorted the wire and gauge pegged, it has to be the sender.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

73chalngr

Do you think it Hass to be installed because I tested it connected and drop it  in some boiling water ?

Rich G.

The block acts as the ground. That's why the gauge worked when you grounded it.

dodj

If you want to verify it's operation in water you need to clamp a ground wire to the body of it somehow. Like a small hose clamp or big alligator clip
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

73chalngr

Thanks dodj .  I installed the new sender and now gauge works .  What a great town name. Thunder Bay. Now onto why tach not working. Any ideas would be appreciated .

Chryco Psycho

Tach is usually the Gauge that is at fault , RTE sells a kit to upgrade the electronics but you also need the signal generator to calibrate the tach

73chalngr

Thanks I looked at the tach kit unfortunately I don't have soldering skills so I will be sending it out for repair