Main Menu

70 Challenger Wiring Issues - Wiper Motor & Dome Light

Started by TOP1PERFORMER, November 01, 2018, 12:46:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Slotts

Welcome aboard, Fred. Dahhh on me. Missed that one.  :bricks:

Good, we are making some progress. Seeing the fusible link wiring from your picture usually indicates a late Friday afternoon factory build.  ;)

Talk with you soon,

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

TOP1PERFORMER

Cody, anlauto, Chryco Psycho, Jim:

Thanks all for the comments and support. You have all contributed and answered all of my questions.

Cody, your most recent pics confirm the position of the red wire coming from the fusable link. That's where I thought it should go after finding that little bit of the brass male connector.

anlauto, I can laugh with you now that the problem is resolved. It is actually pretty funny.

Chryco Psycho, your comments about the corrosion and getting hot make sense. The connection to the wire must have failed but the plastic housing and bulkhead are fine. I never pulled a bulkhead apart but I'm going to see if I can get the connection back to the way it was and remove that black wire running through the firewall.

Is there a specific way the bulkhead should be opened up?

Jim, thanks for the welcoming. Yes, it seems someone had to get the car running with a wire nut :looney:

Attached are a couple of previous restorations I did and owned in the past. I was partial to white. Wish I still had them.

Best regards,

Fred