Main Menu

please help with 2 speed wiper motor/wiring

Started by Mickm, January 20, 2017, 03:36:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SF-Resto

Now this is just great, a real exemple of  knowledge put together to solve a problem, thanks for making this  happen . Cody this is very promising  :ohyeah:
Stephan

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 24, 2017, 10:34:38 AM
WOW!!!!  @Slotts  you are the MAN!!!   :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:  Super glad we have someone like you in the hobby to help us all out.  You're the best! :bravo:

Quote from: Slotts on January 24, 2017, 09:48:53 AM
Hi Mickm,

I see you are using an aftermarket wiring setup. Here is an edited picture that shows the wiring connections between these two parts without any factory jumper harness, bulkhead connector, etc. This would be the best way to eliminate everything, do a bench test and see how these two parts behave themselves with each other.

The colors on the switch side that match the motor side would be directly connected. I do show the brown wiring path that connects through the resistor before it going to the motor.

If all goes well, we have a solid foundation to build from. Re-install the motor and switch and see if there are any issues previously mentioned that are still occurring. This way we have a narrowed down what else to possibly look for. 

What I had eluded to with Cody via email are conflicts that are in the FSM between model cars and their two speed motor wiring schematics. I think that might be better served showing those in a different thread, at a different time.

I think the purpose of this thread is simply to get your motor issue up and running. Hope this helps.

Jim

Hi Jim @Slotts , great to see you over here! Your a class act my friend!  :bradsthumb:

Mickm

Guys, I cannot thank you enough for all the hlep on this wiring problem. If you have a suspension question, I can offer input but wiring is not my forte.
I am glad to report tonight all the wiper motor and arm assemblies are back in the car and working as they should.

I will tell you I blew 60 bucks as I reinstalled my original motor cause the new (rebuilt) made a terrible noise and mine is smooth and quite. But, that is the price you pay to play.

Please know that I am very appreciate of all who stepped up and took the time to help me get this problem solved.  I posted this same problem on another site and did not get one reply.

I am a member her  for life and can only hope I can "pay it forward" helping someone else in some way.

Cody, hat's off to you my friend for making this site and being the awesome individual you obviously are.

Cheers my friends,
Mickm

Cuda Cody

Super happy you got it working.   :twothumbsup:  There's a lot of great guys and gals on here.  I'm right there with you when it comes to wiring things, I'm always looking to the experts for help.  The Mopar hobby is much better off with people like Stephan, Jim and Kim in the world.  They are some of the best!

Keep us posted on your project.   :slapme5:

Quote from: Mickm on January 24, 2017, 08:47:33 PM
Guys, I cannot thank you enough for all the hlep on this wiring problem. If you have a suspension question, I can offer input but wiring is not my forte.
I am glad to report tonight all the wiper motor and arm assemblies are back in the car and working as they should.

I will tell you I blew 60 bucks as I reinstalled my original motor cause the new (rebuilt) made a terrible noise and mine is smooth and quite. But, that is the price you pay to play.

Please know that I am very appreciate of all who stepped up and took the time to help me get this problem solved.  I posted this same problem on another site and did not get one reply.

I am a member her  for life and can only hope I can "pay it forward" helping someone else in some way.

Cody, hat's off to you my friend for making this site and being the awesome individual you obviously are.

Cheers my friends,
Mickm