Main Menu

70 cuda radio plug question.

Started by drew43a, May 01, 2023, 09:36:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

drew43a

i have a AM radio from a 70 cuda.  on the back corner 3 wires come out but they are bare  no plug connector, a red ,green and black.  My friend took it home and tested it. Power to red and speaker to green and black. and the radio worked fine.  So question is  do all thee of those wires go to  one plug connector?  the green and black parralle to each other and the red perpendicular. in one of the grey 3  wirre connectors?

DeathProofCuda

The one I have at home has a female space connector on the green wire, a male spade connector (inside of a plastic connector housing) on the black wire.  On mine the red wire is also connected to an orange wire.  Both of these wires connect to male spade connectors that are housed in a T-shaped plastic connector.

Let me know if you need pics.

benguin

Here's a quick pic from a 1970 LA build Challenger AM radio.  Red and orange wires go into the single connector (red on left/orange on right).
Then there are the green and black wires. The only connector left on mine is for the black male spade, the other connector is missing- but should be as DeathProofCuda describes.

Jay Bee

My 2 cents

DeathProofCuda

The connections on mine look like the pics provided by benguin and Jay Bee.  Thanks gents.