Main Menu

73 challenger radio question

Started by fireguyfire, May 31, 2019, 04:39:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

Redoing the dash in my 73 challenger and had to remove the 90's cassette tape radio to remove the gauge cluster.
On other cars I've restored I found companies like retro sound that make new high end stereos with blue tooth that look exactly like the originals; put one in my 68 charger, and my 76 Porsche 911 and they looked and sounded great.
Does anyone know a source for a modern stereo that looks exactly like a 73 Mopar radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

fireguyfire

Wow; you aren't kidding when you say overpriced.
Think I'll track down a working original

Bullitt-

there are amps with bluetooth built in that you can connect to an OE system
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

fireguyfire

This one is local and is from a 73 fury. Would this fit 73 E bodies?

Bullitt-

Quote from: fireguyfire on May 31, 2019, 06:09:51 PM
This one is local and is from a 73 fury. Would this fit 73 E bodies?

Not very well.... not saying it can't be made to fit ... the style is wrong also.

Bullitt-

you can see the difference here http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/id15.html

a working AM only shouldn't be hard to find

they have a restored AM/FM but I'm afraid to know what the price will be
http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com/id54.html

anlauto

Ward's prices are always reasonable and that's the exact radio you need for your 73. I believe they can also do modern upgrades for you as well :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration