Main Menu

Antenna for a 1972 Challenger

Started by 72 Challenger, May 08, 2018, 04:51:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

72 Challenger

Hi Guys,

Just looking to buy the last item for my car, the antenna.

My car is an AM only car with a single speaker. Is the 30" fixed mast antenna the only antenna for the car from the factory? There seems to be a lot of telescoping antenna's out there too. Which is correct?
Someday I will have a J0b.

anlauto

72 would likely be a solid mast. Try David at Roseville :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

Dale's Cuda Shop used to sell a really nice solid mast antenna.  That's where I got mine.  Don't know if anyone else sells that one now or not.

I think it was just a little bit longer or shorter then my original one.  Looks exactly the same otherwise.

blown motor

I got mine last year from Josh's. The price was better than Roseville but usually buy everything from Roseville. Something tells me that Josh's was formerly Dale's but I could be confused. Also, wasn't there a post a few months ago about communication issues with Josh's?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

72 Challenger

@MoparDave I already have the base and the wires installed in the car, do you have just the antenna mast itself? The previous owner never put it in because his car cover didn't have a hole for it and he eventually lost it.
Someday I will have a J0b.

MoparDave

yes, we have both fixed and extendable masts in stock
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on May 08, 2018, 07:58:40 AM
I got mine last year from Josh's. The price was better than Roseville but usually buy everything from Roseville. Something tells me that Josh's was formerly Dale's but I could be confused. Also, wasn't there a post a few months ago about communication issues with Josh's?

Gees...you never heard of a "price match guarantee" just like the grocery store ! 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

I didn't know. Thanks for the tip.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

My brothers 72 was delivered with a 3 piece. Someone broke it off and the replacement was a 1 piece in late 72.
Sheldon