Main Menu

Buyer Beware: Classic Industries Price Change-Bait and Switch? Simple Increase?

Started by 7E-Bodies, April 24, 2021, 01:14:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Hey all, just a heads up. Not sure how many have had similar issues, but I was just preparing to pull the trigger on a 16 item purchase for a fair amount of coin when I began double checking prior to final go. The voltage regulator (PN: MN2180, 41st week of 69 stamping) listed on their 2021 catalog on page 524 clearly shows $31.99 and my order list on their website priced it at $79.99! A very pleasant and professional gal explained that it could be the result of vendor price changes out of the control of Classic, but close to triple? I politely suggested that they should honor their advertised price when she admitted she could see the catalog price. She attempted to speak to a superior yet got nowhere. All I'm saying here is be alert before finalizing an order. I may be sending my entire order elsewhere as this (not her fault) just kind of got under my nails. I'm sitting on their "spring savings" card that expires 4/30/21 for "Up to 30% off orders of over $299, but after this, I fear their "up to" wording as well as what I'd get hammered on shipping. One-stop shopping was alluring as well as their "savings" offer. I think I'll be turning over my list to @MoparDave to see what he can fill. I'll place the full order in a photo. Trust is the must. Lesson learned. Anyone else have laundry to air?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

1972V21Cuda

I prefer to use the smaller vendors. Not all reproduction products are the same quality. You have to do your research.

anlauto

You realize it's just a regular regulator painted black with a cheesy sticker on it right ? It's doesn't have the proper dime size dimple or a correct ink stamp. When I buy those ones I peel off the sticker and stamp them at least...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

7E-Bodies

Thank you @anlauto I'll look into them. I've bought a couple of other things from them.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

MoparDave

We have seen many price changes from all of the vendors over the past 2 year. Anyone that prints a catalog is at risk and the consumer also when ordering. Alway check online pricing over the book.
What ever the price is when you confirm is what they want Regardless of print. We get burned from time to time for the influx as the consumer.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

69BFan

As Dave states, most of the wholesale vendors who either directly or indirectly support the hobby through manufacturing or sourcing the parts have passed along a 4 to 7% increase within the past year across the board.  I know for some of the materials that we use to manufacture some of the parts, the cost has increased close to 400%.  Due to that kind of price increase, some of these suppliers have decided to just drop the material as the demand does not justify the cost of providing the material.  Thus the lack of inventory for the retail vendors.  As a result, supply and demand drives the prices up.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Purepony

I like classic industries and I believe they are oer but i havent confirmed

I was there a few weeks ago and I have to admit they raised the prices and are probably the highest one for the time being. Really sucks that they raise and raise especially on things where the quality doesn't improve. Most oer stuff needs extra work to fit on some case won't even ft and if it does there's always something

Maybe I wouldn't complain if it fit out the box but high prices and bad fitment really doesn't seem fair

73_Cuda_4_Me

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I haven't been able to get on their site for 3 days now... not sure if anyone else is having a problem with their website?
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

anlauto

erik70rt

I ordered from them recently using the 30% discount code only to find out that they now state that not all items are 30% off, but the % depends on the individual item, and not tell you what that % could be.  That's what I call complete bullshit.  I only use them here and there as I like to use smaller vendors as well and sponsors of this site.  Just made me  :madashell: :pullinghair: :verymad:
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

73_Cuda_4_Me

For some reason my Chrome browser lost the shortcut details for Classic... If I type it in the address bar, it goes there just fine... just like the link you included, Alan... Thanks! I reset the shortcut and added it in again, and seems okay now!

:grouphug:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

RUNCHARGER

Most of these vendors carry the same stuff. I have to agree that I prefer to deal with a Mopar only supplier. As a matter of fact I don't mind paying a few extra pesoes to deal deal with a Mopar specific vendor either.
Sheldon