Main Menu

Convert 2 spd to 3 spd wiper

Started by 303 Mopar, November 03, 2017, 06:25:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Has anyone ever converted a 2 speed wiper motor to a 3 speed and if so, what all is involved?

Jay Bee

Yes, I've done this on my car. Here's what you'll need and the the behind dash wiring is all good to go.

Parts needed to correctly convert a 1970 2 speed to a variable speed setup:
Wiper motor: 3431077
Wiper crank: 2822289
Wiper linkage: 2822293
Variable switch: 2770380

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

303 Mopar

Quote from: Jay Bee on November 03, 2017, 06:36:55 AM
Yes, I've done this on my car. Here's what you'll need and the the behind dash wiring is all good to go.

Parts needed to correctly convert a 1970 2 speed to a variable speed setup:
Wiper motor: 3431077
Wiper crank: 2822289
Wiper linkage: 2822293
Variable switch: 2770380

Thanks!  How difficult is this?  Just a matter of removing and replacing?

Cuda Cody

Everything is pretty easy.  The switch can take a bit of time because you want to be careful not to damage the wood grain if you have a rallye dash.  But overall not very hard.

Moparman82

Good call dan, I really appreciate you taking the time to make these improvements to my future car  :takemymoney:
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 03, 2017, 08:07:05 AM
Everything is pretty easy.  The switch can take a bit of time because you want to be careful not to damage the wood grain if you have a rallye dash.  But overall not very hard.

No woodgrain, just stock so no worries there.  @MoparDave is putting together a quote so I'll post some pics when I do this swap.

CudaMoparRay

Great question, great answers, so subscribing for installation pics.

MoparDave

make sure you have a trim stick or like a small plastic putty knife. That will help separate the switch pod and the cluster hsg. and hopefully keep it from getting scratched up.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Jay Bee

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 03, 2017, 07:26:54 AM

Just like you said, remove and replace and like others said, pretty easy. In the past there's been some confusion about a bare spade connector on the switch, that's normal.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Jay Bee on November 03, 2017, 12:46:33 PM

Just like you said, remove and replace and like others said, pretty easy. In the past there's been some confusion about a bare spade connector on the switch, that's normal.

come on, do it right... :rofl:

303 Mopar

Quote from: MoparDave on November 03, 2017, 12:07:02 PM
make sure you have a trim stick or like a small plastic putty knife. That will help separate the switch pod and the cluster hsg. and hopefully keep it from getting scratched up.

If I buy enough parts, do you throw in a trim stick for free?  Kinda like a mixing stick when you buy paint?   :rofl:

dodj

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 03, 2017, 02:42:02 PM
Quote from: Jay Bee on November 03, 2017, 12:46:33 PM

come on, do it right... :rofl:
Ya...the blue wire goes here....and here.....and another here....
:stop:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

benlavigne

I"m also planning on switching to 3-speed, but mine's a 71, much of a difference?

Ben

SF-Resto

Quote from: benlavigne on November 03, 2017, 05:27:39 PM
I"m also planning on switching to 3-speed, but mine's a 71, much of a difference?

Ben

Ben , 70-71 are the same, if numbers are not that important to you, I do modify 2 speed drive link into 3 speed, I also have the hard to find crank arm reproduced ( no part number )

Stephan