Main Menu

ECU Comparison

Started by 71383bee, October 20, 2018, 11:47:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 22, 2018, 06:30:04 PM
That's an old ECU. I find it amazing that stuff from the 70's still works and yet the new MP stuff lasts for days.
PC boards and power don't mix well. Wires and solid connections are better.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Topcat

Wow that doesn't make any sense at all.   :notsure:    :looney:

99% of everything being made now using any power is solid state PC board.

Are you still in the 70's?   :bye:    :haha:

rtgarage01

Hi TopCat!
The R/T Garage here! The Rev N Nator inventors/makers.  :)
FBO has been spreading incorrect information on social media, as well as posting incorrect information on his website.
Legalities had them remove the incorrect information.

We are nothing like the original boxes...although, we are flattered that you think so, as our goal was to keep our box looking factory correct appearing!
We are DIGITAL. Not another plug n' play box, like it. Our box converts analog to digital and has many other great functions. But, most importantly the safest rev limiting protection available.
Check our main home page for all the 'correct' information about our rev limiting protection and how our box works, at the rt garage com

We continue to update and keep our box quality number one and most current dependable high tech electronics.
Any questions, let us know...always happy to help.
Nice to get you more familiar with our box

Will be great to connect here with others, with the same passion and love for Cudas!!  :bradsthumb:

rtgarage01

Information on Rev N Nator ICU might be helpful here:    :woohoo:

REV-N-NATOR ICU FACTS :
Ignition Box Type Inductive

Circuitry: Modern Digital using a 32 bit 64K 50 MHz PSoC operating @ 5.00 VDC

Rev Limiter: Yes- Easy to use push button 5000-7,500 RPM 500 RPM Increments Algorithm Type-
Drops out every other cylinder and holds RPM to selected Rev Limit.

Digitally correct Positive Stop Rev Limits Including 3,000 RPM test setting.

Timing Retard: None

Data Acquisition: No

CD Voltage output to Coil: N/A to inductive Ignition Applications

ICU Current Draw: Standby KOEO...22mA

With Ballast Resistor: KOER @ Idle... 1.50 A KOER @ 7,500 RPM... 2.30 A

Wiring Installation: Plug & Play- Stock Mopar Plug and Ballast Resistor. Can run without Ballast Resistor for limited use.

Example: Drag Racing 

Minimum Operating Voltage: 4.50 VDC with Ballast Resistor- Spark plug will fire

Maximum Operating Voltage: 18.00 VDC- Internally regulated and protected

Full Load Maximum Output: Up to 40KV @ 7,500 RPM without Ballast Resistor

Spark Output: Not Measured ( millijoules )

Length ( Inches ): OEM box length of 4.125", OEM overall length of 5.500", OEM mounting holes C to C 4.938"

Height ( inches ): OEM Height of 1.125"

Width ( inches ): OEM Width of 3.188"

Shipping Weight: 17 oz

Ignition Box Color: Powder Coated Stamped Steel in 'Performance' Orange or ' Factory' Black ( Internals the same in both colors )

Coil Included: Available as a set with matched HP Coil & Matched Ballast. Also, available as Complete Pkg with performance Distributor or additional- Mopar electronic conversion harness, if needed.

Warranty: 3 year to original Purchaser. 90 day money back guarantee

Manufactured in: Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA    :unitedstates:

Cudamike

I have had a Rev N Nator for 5 years with 0 problems.

dodj

Quote from: Topcat on October 26, 2018, 12:00:34 AM
Wow that doesn't make any sense at all.   :notsure:    :looney:

99% of everything being made now using any power is solid state PC board.

Are you still in the 70's?   :bye:    :haha:
No, they are not. Pc boards are not capable of any significant power at all. They are good at signals, but not power.
For power, you need wires and good old crimp type connections.
I do it for living...pc boards do not handle power, they handle signals.. ...wires handle power. Regardless of the decade.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Topcat

6-12 V doesn't sound like much power going thru a ECU.

dodj

Quote from: Topcat on October 29, 2018, 03:43:31 PM
6-12 V doesn't sound like much power going thru a ECU.
Voltage is only half of the equation.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site form Panama @rtgarage01
Thanks for the info on the Rev-N-Ator  :twothumbsup:

jordan

I have a Rev-n-ator in my Cuda.  I had a little issue years ago from their first gen box (#18).  I got it all sorted out with a new box, coil, and ballast.  I have had no issues with mine since.  The R/T Garage is a nice company that went out of their way to help me out and get me fixed up with out a hassle.  Quality people and quality product.  I love the rev limiter just in case the tires spin up a little too fast.  J
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Chryco Psycho

Good to deal with honest people  :bigthumb:

tman

Love my Rev n Nator too.  I did get their coil pkg and separately got the Firecore distributor.  Made a huge difference for me.  Had it for 3 yrs now, trouble free.  Thanks RTGarage.

Cuda Cody

Want to add that I use the Rev-N-Nator on more than 1 car and it's been really reliable.  Love the RPM limiter!  :clapping:  As great as their ECU box is their customer service is 10,000 times better!  I would put the customer service I get from Rev-N-Nator (RT Garage) up there as one of the best in the industry.  Top notch quality people.   :worship:

7212Mopar

Quote from: jordan on October 29, 2018, 04:10:37 PM
I have a Rev-n-ator in my Cuda.  I had a little issue years ago from their first gen box (#18).  I got it all sorted out with a new box, coil, and ballast.  I have had no issues with mine since.  The R/T Garage is a nice company that went out of their way to help me out and get me fixed up with out a hassle.  Quality people and quality product.  I love the rev limiter just in case the tires spin up a little too fast.  J

Hi. Do you mind sharing what problem you have with the first gen? I too have the first gen box and I had to add a switch to bypass the electric choke whe cranking in order to start. Once it is running, I can turn on the electric choke. I think it has to do with the voltage and I believe the second gen has lower voltage capability. Other than that, the box works great. Engine speed stable, smooth and responsive when I first got it.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

jordan

I had some voltage drop on startup that would shut off the ignition with the first gen.  I ended up putting a relay to it and changing the battery cable from the trunk to the starter to help with the voltage drop.  With the updated and newer ignition, I kept the relay to it even though it tolerates the voltage drop better.  I had other issues with it that was eventually fixed by moving my coil on my BB 6bbl to the fender apron.  R/T garage did me good the whole way through the issue.  Great company to work with. The Rev-n-Nator looks and works great too. I have not had an issue since I figured it out mid last summer. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"