Main Menu

Electrical Bulk Head and Engine Harness Connectors

Started by Daveh, March 02, 2019, 07:53:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

OK guys I need some help.  My front engine harness connectors the 2 long ones will not snap into the firewall main bulkhead connector.  The under dash one is new.  The one that bolts to the firewall.  I got the old one out and it snapped right in.  What am I missing?  Has anyone experienced this?  What did you do?  Thanks

Dave

Chryco Psycho

They are keyed so they can only go in 1 position are you sure you have the right one in the right place ?

Daveh

Thanks Neil,

I'm putting them in the correct positions and locations.  I wiggle the hell out of them with nothing.  They snap in the old connector just fine.  Frustrating as hell.  The two smaller harnesses on the left snapped right in.  I'm at the point of frustration now that I'm afraid I'm going to F them up if I keep messing with them.  I even tried to take out the little piece of insulation on the inside but that didn't work either.  :headbang:

I did get the middle one is but it really didn't snap in like the old one and I'm not certain that it will hold secure.   

Chryco Psycho

Daveh

I got them in but not nearly as good as the originals which is always the case.  I'm hoping they seat better as they sit in there for a couple of days and then I will wiggle them again.  Thanks

Chryco Psycho

nothing like original parts but virtually every bulkhead has been melted by now