Main Menu

Heater/Blower/Fan

Started by Glow Worm, September 07, 2017, 07:35:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Glow Worm

Recently had work done to my 73 'Cuda.
When I took it to be repaired (One stop shop) the heater/blower fan WAS working. The clock wasn't working, and the radio wasn't working.  The A/C was low on freon and WORKED when freon was added. but I didn't want to do anything major to it because of the repairs I was having done and paying for.
I was told I was dealing with a "One stop shop."
Ultimately, the repairman installed a brand new Year One dash wiring harness ( I bought and provided) because he was afraid the old one might short out (his words).

After I got the car "repaired" and the smoke cleared the A/C doesn't work no matter what I try...heater fan/blower doesn't work . . .  The radio works because I sent it to Greg Ward for repair, and after watching Graveyard Carz, I fixed the clock myself.

I could go on and on about the shoddy workmanship, but I really just need to know how to get the electrical work repaired.  If I can get the switches to work properly.....and yes I purchased replacement heater/vacuum control switches...

Thank you.

Please PM me for particulars.

"If I had all of the money I have spent on cars . . . I'd spend it on cars."

Cuda Cody

Have you checked to see if the wiring is hooked up to the heater box?  It might be something as simple as they wires did not get put in the right place or not even put on over there on the heater box?  :notsure:

1 Wild R/T

I'm wondering about the plug connecting the A/C harness to the main dash harness......  It supplies the power to the A/C system, connection is above the radio, the wires are dirrent colors so it's easy to expect they don't go together but they do....  One wire is black, the other is either green or tan I can't recall....   The picture in the manual shows them both as black but it's wrong.....  Location is right, colors aren't...

Ok, I was wrong, manual is right, but there are two connections, one is both wires black, the other is black to double tan...   

Cuda Cody

I bet 1 Wild R/T is right.   :fingerscrossed:  Let us know what you find @Glow Worm

Glow Worm

Looks like I have to remove the dash to do this . . . .  Correct??
"If I had all of the money I have spent on cars . . . I'd spend it on cars."

1 Wild R/T

Take out the drivers seat, the A/C duct, get a good light, hopefully your young, flexible & weight 130 lbs.... 20 years ago I could do it no problem, ten years ago I would have struggled, today it would bring back vocabulary last spoken while in the Navy....   I think the connection you need to look at will be above the heater controls... It's been years, maybe someone with an A/C dash out can get a good photo so you know exactly where your looking....

Honestly the cluster comes out pretty easily & would make both connections easily accessible...

Cuda Cody

Might be able to use a flashlight and a mirror to try and see if it is connected.  With the front seat out (like 1 Wild RT said) you can lay on your back and see a lot of wires behind the dash.

JS29

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 08, 2017, 09:13:05 AM
Might be able to use a flashlight and a mirror to try and see if it is connected.  With the front seat out (like 1 Wild RT said) you can lay on your back and see a lot of wires behind the dash.
:iagree: Taking the steering wheel off helps also.