Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

Quote from: Brads70 on August 08, 2020, 05:49:11 PM
Quote from: torredcuda on August 08, 2020, 04:58:41 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 08, 2020, 09:56:31 AM
true but 3 bolts & the wheels is off

or a hack saw to cut the wheel

bolt cutter..... quicker I'd guess

Even easier, just unbolt the steering wheel like they did in the movie Gone in 60 Seconds when they stole it.

Burdar

QuoteUse a hidden switch to ground the negative coil , hot wiring etc will have no effect , doesn't help much if they bring a tow truck tho 

The tach wire hooks to the negative side of the coil right?  Sounds like it would be super easy to splice into the tach wire inside the car and run a hidden switch to ground.  Would that be bad for the tach though?  What about a Pertronix unit?  Any ill effects to that?

Chryco Psycho

Exactly , the tach wire is already under dash , just splice into it & use a switch to ground it , at thyat point it cannot be started unless the tach wire is removed from the coil or the switch is located

Shoooter

Can you use the coil to a hidden switch with a standard dash with no tach?

Burdar

Yes, but you won't have any existing tach wire to tap into.  You'll have to run a wire from the negative side of the coil to wherever you want the switch.

Katfish

Quote from: Burdar on August 10, 2020, 07:18:44 AM
QuoteUse a hidden switch to ground the negative coil , hot wiring etc will have no effect , doesn't help much if they bring a tow truck tho 

The tach wire hooks to the negative side of the coil right?  Sounds like it would be super easy to splice into the tach wire inside the car and run a hidden switch to ground.  Would that be bad for the tach though?  What about a Pertronix unit?  Any ill effects to that?

Really like this idea, where do we hide the toggle switch?

YellowThumper

Quote from: Katfish on August 14, 2020, 06:59:07 AM
Quote from: Burdar on August 10, 2020, 07:18:44 AM

Anywhere semi convenient and hidden to toggle.
My first thought was converting the cigarette lighter. Push in ground. Pull out no ground.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

I'm thinking if you feel the need to put such a switch in....I wouldn't say where I put it on the internet?  :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

Quote from: dodj on August 14, 2020, 07:51:43 AM
I'm thinking if you feel the need to put such a switch in....I wouldn't say where I put it on the internet?  :dunno:

Lol was my first thought as well.
But Google is our friend...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

mopar jack

Chryco Psycho

the cig lighter is a great idea everything seems to be 100% stock .
We did that back in the early 80s .
you can use a micro push switch about the size of a pin head , push on , push off .
I would never use anything a large & obvious a a toggle .