Main Menu

theft protection

Started by gumby, May 02, 2018, 02:51:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fantum

This is the theft protection system I am planning on adding to my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8iAVwt_Yc

:twothumbsup:

72 Challenger

My best protection is over insuring the car.

My car is insured 15k over what it's market value is.

If thieves were to take it I could afford something WAY better. That would help ease the pain. 

For a belly rub my guard dog would let anyone by  :))
Someday I will have a J0b.

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: fantum on May 07, 2018, 05:25:36 AM
This is the theft protection system I am planning on adding to my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8iAVwt_Yc

:twothumbsup:

This is one of the best systems out there !!  :twothumbsup: :veryexcited:

YellowThumper

Everyone now has old phones lying around. Even with it no longer setup for calls the GPS still will function. Leave it on and hidden. Also plugged into an inverter that comes on with car to keep it charged.

BTW for safety reasons 911 call ability never gets turned off. Regardless of there is a carrier or not with it.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 07, 2018, 08:40:11 AM
Everyone now has old phones lying around. Even with it no longer setup for calls the GPS still will function. Leave it on and hidden. Also plugged into an inverter that comes on with car to keep it charged.

BTW for safety reasons 911 call ability never gets turned off. Regardless of there is a carrier or not with it.

I'm not sure of a way to ping a phone for positionwithout a data plan turned on for it. How would that be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

You can have phones, motion sensors, kill switches, e-brakes, etc but the bottom line is if someone really wants your car they will get it.  Especially professionals, they will have your car out of a secured area and on a flat bed in a minute or two.  The best thing you can do is deter a thief so they move on to an easier target, and have insurance. 

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on May 07, 2018, 08:53:30 AM
Quote from: YellowThumper on May 07, 2018, 08:40:11 AM

I'm not sure of a way to ping a phone for positionwithout a data plan turned on for it. How would that be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some reading and overall with normal phone and apps it does not look like it would work without an active plan. However there are spyware type apps that appear they will work without a plan.

To me a stealth way of tracking is better overall. The bigger the fortress you have to prevent theft in beginning just means more damage is done getting in and still taking it.

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.