Main Menu

LED Bulb Swaps ??

Started by filmsurgeon, January 20, 2018, 02:28:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: my70chally on January 21, 2018, 06:37:08 AM
[dquote author=Brads70 link=topic=5327.msg75718#msg75718 date=1516491816]
I have had the Digi-tails LED tail lights for a 5 years or so now with no issues. Much brighter/safer than the stock bulbs IMO.

Did you have to do any wiring modifications?  Did the stock flasher work?
[/quote]
Yes they crimp into the stock harness. I kept the bulb sockets intact just in case it ever screwed up. Digi-tails provided an electronic flasher, that was plug and play.

bc3j

I have replaced the marker lights, dash lights and license plate bulb with LEDs from superbright. My tail lights are sylvania zevo 1157s. My parking lights are still incandescent bulbs so my flashers and turn signals still work. Backup lights are still incandescent as is the console bulb for the auto shift position. Headlights are still halogen oem bulbs. I am pleased with the set up and have greatly reduced the amperage draw. My electrical system is stock and I don't run any electric fans, msd ignition or any other high draw items. I have a '70 Challenger. Happy with the night time performance. Electrical performance at night at idle is good with no discharge waiting at traffic lights.

Jay Bee

Quote from: filmsurgeon on January 20, 2018, 03:42:34 PM
Thanks.  I see the picture ad for their kits on their home page, but can't find how to purchase.
I went to "E-body" -  "E-body Interior" - "interior Bulb Kit", then there's a BUY button on the right
I don't see the small 9(?) bulb instrument cluster kit I bought from his booth at the Nat's.
http://www.herbsparts.com/products.asp?cat=926