Main Menu

N88 E body Speed/Cruise Control System

Started by screamindriver, July 04, 2018, 06:55:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

screamindriver

Agreed...The NOS bracket I got from Tom{Fc7cuda} cleaned up nicely and it will get installed unpainted unless other documentation proves otherwise...

1 Wild R/T

My former N88 equipped 70 R/T SE which I owned from the mid 70's had an un-painted cable bracket...

screamindriver

That's good to know...And pretty much sums up the assembly process of it being added after the vendor shipped the parts to the assembly plant as Alan suggested...

E74cuda

I am working on a 1970 Challenger R/T convertible that is a factory cruise control car. I believe that I have most all of the original parts. The information in this thread will be very helpful. Thanks

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: E74cuda on October 06, 2018, 08:52:53 AM
I am working on a 1970 Challenger R/T convertible that is a factory cruise control car. I believe that I have most all of the original parts. The information in this thread will be very helpful. Thanks

Wouldn't be a Black U code would it?

E74cuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 06, 2018, 08:54:11 AM

Hey Randy, red on red N code

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: E74cuda on October 06, 2018, 09:43:25 AM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on October 06, 2018, 08:54:11 AM

Hey Randy, red on red N code

Cool!  Thought it might be Ed Hagerty's old car....  Was along for the ride when some stupid stuff happened in that car..... 

cataclysm80

Quote from: screamindriver on October 05, 2018, 06:28:55 PM
That would lead me to believe the N88 bracket would be natural{plated} with no paint...But most I'm seeing are painted black...

The ones I've seen are plated (silver colored), with a thin rubberized coating over the end where the cable passes through, to prevent the cable from chafing.

Cratos

I would love do this on the 70RT I am working one and one have a parts source for the turn sig lever?? or a hole kit

thanks

Rrod

Need the lower cruise control cable for70 Challenger from servo to carb linkage. The part number should be 3462371.  Will any other cables work correctly?  Do anyone know what the cable length should be?

JS29

:welcome:@Rrod to the best E-body site there is!  :wave:

Cuda Cody

Rrod

Rrod

Quote from: Rrod on March 25, 2019, 01:56:50 PM
Need the lower cruise control cable for70 Challenger from servo to carb linkage. The part number should be 3462371.  Will any other cables work correctly?  Do anyone know what the cable length should be?
. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Wild R/T

If you can live with one that works but doesn't have the original type hex nuts at the ends but instead has knurled round nuts check out a Pioneer CA3002...   BTW pay no attention to the only review being a negative, it didn't fit the guys Fiat......  I know they own Chrysler now but they still can't use a Mopar speedometer cable.. :rofl:
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CA3002-Speedometer-Cable/dp/B000C643HI

Correction, you asked for a lower cable but you are describing an actuator cable.....   Not currently serviced, but a used one from a different vehicle should work fine...

Where are you located? Someone might have a spare...