Main Menu

no reverse lights on 727 Transmission

Started by Gizmo327, September 20, 2019, 10:37:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

Glad you got the car cranking. This one is the latest version I have in the car and it works with the trimming of the comb insulator. Only if Chrysler produce the factory version and save us the headache. A dab of light coat sealant at the gasket and there is no leak. Do not over tighten it or the center plastic will deform or crack.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cwa-3747361
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Gizmo327

what size socked do I need to remove the neutral safety switch? I don't seem to have one big enough and would rather not go through the hassle of dropping the exhaust on my 440 to get at it with a wrench

wanderlustin

Quote from: Gizmo327 on September 26, 2019, 10:37:41 AM
what size socked do I need to remove the neutral safety switch?

@Gizmo327 I've always used an end wrench.  Crescent wrench if need by.  They shouldn't be cranked in very tight.  They are sealed by an o-ring.

Gizmo327

since I have to drain the fluid I might as well change out the filter while im at it. does the 727 just use regular automatic fluid or require special fluid due to my manual shift kit install?

JS29

The shift kit's I have installed the instructions indicated that type F fluid worked best.   :alan2cents:

7212Mopar

If I remember right it is 1". I use a deep socket to avoid hitting the pins.

I use Redline synthetic equal to Mercon III with my 727, auto valve body Transgo shift kit. This stuff is not cheap and they smell but supposed to be great based on a lot of reviews.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Gizmo327

Bench tested the switch and it is faulty. So hopefully the new switch will work fine without having to touch the comb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Wild R/T

It amazes me how so many people will buy a new part even when they have been warned most of the new parts are junk...

There are tons of spare transmissions sitting gathering dust & virtually every one has a NSS in it.... Takes 30 seconds to pull...  And it likely worked fine when last in service....

Katfish

Closest JY is 60 miles away,
Does anyone have a PN for something that works?
Didn't see a clear answer in any of the links.

Thx

chargerdon

Quote from: Gizmo327 on September 26, 2019, 10:37:41 AM
what size socked do I need to remove the neutral safety switch? I don't seem to have one big enough and would rather not go through the hassle of dropping the exhaust on my 440 to get at it with a wrench

pretty sure it takes a 1" socket...   

6pack

The one from auto zone was the only one that worked. I returned all others.