Main Menu

No Start Issue

Started by bluemp301, October 16, 2019, 01:38:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Old ECUs lasted decades, new ones days.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

I have a few of the original orange boxes left that I keep

DeathProofCuda

I know that recent Mopar ignition boxes have a pretty awful reputation, but at the OP's failure rate I just have to wonder whether the unit is being grounded properly.  If the ground connection is weak or intermittent the ECU is not going to function properly and probably winds up frying itself. :thinking:

usraptor

Okay, this is going to sound stupid, but check the plug that connects to the ECU.  Is it tight?  Pull it off and reseat.  I went to a car show and when I went to leave my car wouldn't start.  No spark.  I pushed the ECM plug back tighter onto the ECU and it fired right up.  It looked like it was connected, but apparently it had vibrated just enough to lose the connection.  Also, make sure it is grounded well.  When I first restored my car I had intermittent starting issues even though the ECU was grounded to the back of the engine with a small grounding strap.  I later added a larger ground strap to the front of the block down to the K-Member and haven't had a starting issue since, except for the loose plug.  Good luck.  :bigthumb:

Chryco Psycho

There shoudl be a screw in the center of the 5 pin plug to prevent that .

usraptor

Chryco, Mine is an aftermarket conversion and does not have a screw.  :thumbdown:

Chryco Psycho

even a long drywall screw should keep it tight