Main Menu

Positive battery cable routing on Cuda w/440 and headers

Started by 7dcuda, May 31, 2022, 04:12:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7dcuda

How are you guys with Cudas and a 440 with headers routing the positive battery cable down to the starter? 

Mine goes from the battery post and heads toward the firewall then goes between the header tubes down to the starter.  I would like to get it away from the extreme header heat but don't see many routing options.  What have you guys done?

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 7dcuda on May 31, 2022, 04:12:55 PM
How are you guys with Cudas and a 440 with headers routing the positive battery cable down to the starter? 

Mine goes from the battery post and heads toward the firewall then goes between the header tubes down to the starter.  I would like to get it away from the extreme header heat but don't see many routing options.  What have you guys done?

I had a 440 with TTI headers a while back and I recall using a small block positive cable. Wrong part number but I believe it was a little bit longer which gave me more options on where to run it. It's been a while though and I could be wrong.

MoparCarGuy

440 with Hooker Super Comps: starter cable is run between power steering sector and fenderwell. Plenty of clearance to header tubes.
TTI headers should be better clearance for everything. The Hookers are problematic and have a slip tube.