Main Menu

Rally Cluster high beam light

Started by JCode, October 04, 2023, 05:01:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JCode

My speedometer I just got doesn't have anything in the high beam hole. Looks like there's suppose to be a light that plugs into it and I see others that have red there so it lites up red what do I need to get do they sell a kit of some kind

dodj

If you dig into you dash harness I'll bet you find the wire intended for it...maybe with the lampholder still attached...maybe it has been cut off. It looks the same as the rest on the back of your dash.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Jay Bee

The hole in the actual speedometer should have a piece of colored plastic over it. The one in my picture looks brown but when light shines through it's red. I assume you have the high beam light tube too.

dodj

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 05, 2023, 06:16:47 AM
The hole in the actual speedometer should have a piece of colored plastic over it. The one in my picture looks brown but when light shines through it's red. I assume you have the high beam light tube too.
Interesting pics Jaybee, I've never taken a speedo that far apart.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JCode

No I don't have the light tube something else im missing. Thatpiece of tapes is missing on my speedometer but I guess I can use tape as long as its somewhat transparent