Main Menu

Rally Cluster Tach Clock Harness

Started by JCode, October 07, 2023, 04:25:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JCode

Do they sell a separate tach clock harness for a rally cluster. I know B bodies sells one do they make it for e bodies ? I know its just power and a coil hook up but was wondering if they make the harness for it

Jay Bee

Nothing I'm aware of for '70 - '71 but I did spot this...

RacerX

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 08, 2023, 06:21:40 AM
Nothing I'm aware of for '70 - '71 but I did spot this...

The difference between these is one version has the engine bay tach wire going through a
separate  hole in the firewall with a grommet and the other goes through a space in the wiring
via the firewall bulkhead disconnect plugs.

The application listing cited here is wrong.   71 B body and E body go through the bulkhead
disconnect.   I am not sure about 70 e body but I believe it also goes through the bulkhead.
72-73 B and E body use a separate hole and grommet.    74 B body is back to going through the
bulkhead disconnect.

What it comes down to is really just which version of the two do you need which depends on
what year your car is...

If you want/need the one that goes through the bulkhead disconnect get the 71 B-body one.
For the one with the separate hole/grommet, get 72-74 B&E body (even though this is labelled
wrong because 74 goes through the bulkhead).

JCode

I had installed one on a 69 charger and if worked fine. I would think that would work for a E body also.