Main Menu

‘70/71 Instrument cluster (clock blank)

Started by WCC, December 01, 2018, 11:45:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

WCC

What did you guys do with the blanked out clock in a non-ralley cluster? Leave it out or fit an aftermarket clock? I'm assuming you can't get an original clock gauge for it? Can you fit a ralley clock - the install housing looks different.

CudaMoparRay

I stuck an Oil Pressure Gauge in mine some put a tachometer there but too far away for my taste.

Brads70

Dakota

I put a tach in the blank spot (see link below for an example).   Because this dial face is small, it's not going to be as precise as the tach on a Rallye dash, but I was already going to have a digital clock display on my aftermarket radio so I didn't see the need to put in a dash clock.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/challenger-cuda/np125

I'm still building my dash, but this picture should give you an idea what the finished product will look like.  The previous owner of my car installed an aftermarket oil pressure gauge that was attached to the underside of the dash. I'm going to be re-using it.

Finoke

Hi Guys, I moved all my gauges to the right so I could put the tach next to the speedometer. Tom

Brads70

Uh oh ....  warning! :bricks:  next thing you know you'll be looking at Speedhut or Dakota Digital :haha: