Main Menu

Side marker light socket/pigtails and making them turn with turnsignalsf

Started by FSHTAIL, September 06, 2022, 12:43:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

My car was made to look like a 70 probably a couple decades ago and it looks like they just whittled the stock 73 plugs to fit the 70 side marker housings.   

They don't seem to want to stay in the housings, what do I need and where can I get it?

Also, I would like to make them blink along with the front turn signals, I've seen some people talking about it at car shows but I never thought to ask them about what they did to make it work.   

I'm considering tearing up off the housings and maybe throwing an LED that runs the full length of the marker light.   

Is that something anyone's ever tried before?
Thanks

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Dakota

I put LED bulbs in my side marker light sockets.  I had to put a couple of wraps of thing tape around the base of the bulb to get them to fit the new (repop) sockets snugly, but other than that it was pretty easy.   For the little bit I drive with the lights on, they work fine.

I'd be curious too if anybody was successful rigging up their side markers to flash.

anlauto

Quote from: FSHTAIL on September 06, 2022, 12:43:44 AM

I'm considering tearing up off the housings and maybe throwing an LED that runs the full length of the marker light.   

Is that something anyone's ever tried before?
Thanks

Been there, done that.... :))  Mine don't flash with the signal lights, but that would be a fairly simple modification to the wiring..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

b5cuda

Did that with the front turn signals on a '68 Dart with one of my kids. As I recall, we just wired in a relay so that current alternated between turn signal bulbs.

70_440-6Cuda

Cheap and easy way to add flashing to your side marker lights using a common SPDT relay..... If there is a single wire from the light switch that supplies the side marker lamps that would be where to install the relay.  A single relay can support all 4 side markers
1. Interrupt the marker lights +12V power supply and put the feed from the switch on terminal 87a
2. Put the other side of the +12V power going to the side marker lights on terminal 30
2. Tap onto the +12V output from the flasher relay and connect it to terminal 86
4. Ground terminal 85
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....