Main Menu

Starter repair parts

Started by Duodec, April 27, 2023, 09:09:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Duodec

I'm doing smaller tasks for my car while major work is on continuing hold due to work-work and lack of space.  I thought I would clean up and rebuild my starter motor (original type); I don't plan on needing or using a mini or later style starter and I like the unique sound.  I "rebuilt" the alternator years ago with a kit and parts from Summit (diodes, bearings, brushes) and I know they had starter parts then also; bushings, brush plate and holder, the solenoid contact disk etc. 

However I'm not finding them now at least at the major aftermarket places.  Is there still a source for these repair/rebuild parts other than monitoring eBay or marketplace?  Even the sources linked in the 'how to rebuild Chrysler starter" videos don't have the parts listed.

Thanks

headejm

In 2018 I bought a starter repair kit from these guys. Good quality. You should call them since I don't see old Chrysler starter parts any longer on their website.

https://www.aspwholesale.com/repair-kit-ch-p5179.html

Duodec

Thats pretty much what I've been finding too; dead links, no entries for classic Mopar starters.  I started setting up some searches on eBay for now.

Duodec

Aaaaand... life is funny that way sometimes.  Last couple of weeks couldn't find anything; even Rock Auto didn't have entries for the parts, just the starters.  Today they have the parts.  So thanks all but I got my order in.

Duodec

And the three part numbers are in three different warehouses so three shipments so shipping ends up being 25% of the cost... sigh...