Main Menu

turn signal issues! What is the right one for LED's

Started by Mpdlawdog, June 14, 2018, 09:07:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Mpdlawdog

Ok so I finally got power to my car after 5 years of owning it :ohyeah:....everything works except the turn signal....what is the correct one to use with LED bulbs???  I have power to the plug....are the other two slots suppose to light up when the switch is turned??  Thanks!

I forgot to add...the hazard lights work and flash so I have the right one of those.....

shawge

I used this for both turn and hazard w/ LED bulbs all around

CEC Industries EF32RL Electronic Turn Signal Flasher Relay, LED Compatible, 2 + Ground Wire Prongs, 12 Volts

Keep in mind that some flashers may need the leads reversed.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Mpdlawdog

shawge

Sorry, I gave you the wrong part #. Just went out and took this. Part # EF-32RLNP
These have a 90* (L shaped) lead orientation. Works on a 70 Challenger harness for both turn and hazard.

Edit: almost forgot, these will need to be connected to ground otherwise they will not flash.
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

tman

The flasher behind the ashtray you will need to reverse the terminals.  If you plug it in straight, it will not work.  You can take out the wires from the terminal and reverse them, or use 2 jumper wires with the correct male/female spades and plug them in.  That should do it. 

Mpdlawdog

Thanks!  got it figured out!  appreciate the help!  Everything works!  now to run the fuel line and start this girl up!

392 Cuda

Has anyone used a single flasher for both hazard and Turn Signals (LEDs)?

Seems like I have enough stuff under the dash.

shawge

Yes, I used EF-32RLNP Flasher (w/ ground) for both. I had to swap one of the connectors wiring (for hazard, IIRC)
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

shawge

Oh, hold on. Are you asking if both hazard and turn can be tied to one flasher unit?  Not sure about that.
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

bc3j

I used the EF32RLNP with ground for the turn signal flasher. My stock hazard flasher still worked, but at a slower rate so I kept the stock hazard flasher. No wiring changes required for me with the EF32RLNP w/ground for the turn signal.

tman

I got 2 of those EF32's for hazard and TS.  For hazards, I just plugged in.  For the TS, I had to reverse the wires to work correctly.  Learned this from trial and error.

dodj

I had to reverse my ts flasher wires as well.

What fixed your issue lawdog?  :popcorn:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

392 Cuda

Quote from: shawge on October 16, 2019, 01:45:47 PM
Oh, hold on. Are you asking if both hazard and turn can be tied to one flasher unit?  Not sure about that.

I was thinking about using one flasher for both. Some flashers have additional pins for a separate output. I may just get two of these, though.