Main Menu

Where Do These Two Wires Go???

Started by Daveh, September 13, 2018, 08:06:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Can someone tell me where these two wire go?  They are on the under dash wiring harness.  Thanks

shawge

They look like they are for door light and door ajar switches.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Chryco Psycho

Daveh

But I have a 71 with the door 3 pin style connectors.  Were different styles used on different sides.  3 PIN on the drivers and the spaded on the passengers side?

Also my 71 Challenger is a convertible so no dome light.  But I do have the under dash light.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Daveh on September 14, 2018, 05:47:00 AM
But I have a 71 with the door 3 pin style connectors.  Were different styles used on different sides.  3 PIN on the drivers and the spaded on the passengers side?

Also my 71 Challenger is a convertible so no dome light.  But I do have the under dash light.

Should have lights in the rear footwells.....

anlauto

So YES....in 1971 two different styles of door jamb light switches were used. 3 prong on the driver's side and 2 spade on the passenger side. In 1970 they used the same 2 spade switches on both sides.

Convertibles did not come with a dome light, however as mentioned those switches controlled the map light on the dash and two rear interior lights mounted in the rear interior panels.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

Are the connectors on the driver or passenger side of the dash harness?

:alan2cents: My '71 has a three pin barrel style connector for the driver side door switch and a dual spade terminal style connector for the passenger side.

Daveh

Yes the wires will go over to that side so that is what I was thinking.  I can't find that button anywhere only the 3 pin type.

Does anyone know where I can get that kind?  Thanks

Daveh