Main Menu

wiper switch wiring connections

Started by culp71, June 07, 2018, 06:04:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

culp71

wiper switch from a 70 gran coupe, (switch and motor). I don't know if its 2 or 3 speed etc.

looking for help as to what wires connect to what tabs on back of this wiper motor switch
attached is pics of my switch and connections, and the AAW wiring kit but their layout shown doesn't reflect the layout of connections on my switch. and help would be appreciated.

Chryco Psycho

there is a gang plug with I believe 5 wires in it that plugs on the rear & a second 2 wire plug 90* that connects on the 2 terminals @ the bottom of the second pic

lulurocks(Ken)

The AAW digram did not work for me .  I lierally had to mess with it for hours to get the speeds and park to work .

Here is the back of my switch .  My 3 speed  wiper works 100% wired like this:

FY1Cuda

The switch you have isn't the right one for a '70, so I can't be sure that your dash harness will even plug into it.  I know that on a '70 or '71 the (same) harness will plug into either the 2-speed or the variable speed switch.  Here's a picture of the different switches.

culp71

thanks lulurocks(Ken) that is the same that I have and ill start with wiring it up the same, thank you

usraptor

I'm not sure they're the same, but don't see why they'd be different either.  Here's a picture of my '70 'Cudas three speed wiper switch.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the wire harness hooked up to it. However, like Chryco said there are two plugs that connect to it. One has three and the other two connections.

Claudia

You definitely have a three speed wiper switch as I have the same one installed in my car (pictured below).  I do not know 100% for sure or not if they are correct but according to the switches picture above, I guess I have a '72 - '73 three speed wiper switch installed in my car with '71 wiring and my wipers work perfect.  As @Chryco Psycho mentioned earlier, there should be a gang plug that can really only be plugged in one way which will consume most of the open terminals.  I do recall having an issue with the second plug that goes on the back of the switch but I was able to get everything working without any modifications.  I could obtain pictures if you are still having issues getting them to work properly.

Jay Bee

Whether it helps or not, here's my 2 cents. BTW, where's that "2 cents" emoji?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Jay Bee on June 12, 2018, 01:28:09 PM
Whether it helps or not, here's my 2 cents. BTW, where's that "2 cents" emoji?

get your eyes checked...

1 Wild R/T

I saw this Eye test in another thread.... Maybe it'll help?  I know I failed....

Jay Bee

:bigthumb:  Thank you, thank you, thank you.   :alan2cents:  now back to switch wiring.

Mymcodebee

Here's a 70 Challenger TA with 3 speed.