Main Menu

Question About Dash Wiring Connections

Started by DeathProofCuda, October 07, 2023, 01:36:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DeathProofCuda

Can someone provide me with some direction on how to complete the wiring connections in the attached photo?

My guess is that the orange wire (#2) plugs into the connector for the yellow wire (#3), but I can't find anything in the wiring diagrams that shows a similar connection.

For the bare spade terminal (#1) on the wiper/washer switch, I'm not seeing any other wires in my harness to connect to it.  Am I missing something?

Also, what is the thing that the yellow wire is connected to?  Looks like some kind of condenser.  What is it for?

Thanks

Jay Bee

Nothing connects to the blank/empty spade terminal on your wiper switch. That's normal for '70 & '71 two speed  and variable wiper switches. I can't speak on '72+.

Looks like the yellow wire is part of the bulb socket that's on the bottom of the switch panel.

Orange is typically used for lighting. Without looking at a schematic right now I'd say plug the orange and yellow together.

73chalngr

Not sure where the wires are at but yellow should connect the yellow and orange should connect to orange somewhere. The yellow might be part of the A01 light option package with your ignition switch. Orange might go to light bar .

VCODE

#2 and #3 go together. Orange is for lights, and yellow at that point goes to the heat control panel lamp. Put them together

Jay Bee

Schematic is wrong my heater control lamp wire is yellow too, just like yours.

VCODE

Quote from: Jay Bee on October 07, 2023, 04:28:16 PM
Schematic is wrong my heater control lamp wire is yellow too, just like yours.

Correct, they are all yellow

DeathProofCuda