Main Menu

Holley carb leaking fuel after storage

Started by JH27N0B, September 03, 2018, 08:07:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: YellowThumper on September 10, 2018, 08:06:07 PM
One thing I do on mine is to crank it over for a bit withoit starting it to ensure there is fuel in the bowl. Wait and then see if there is seepage. If nothing is showing then move on to the fire up. And watch again while everything warms up.

Mike

Almost forgot......... on the first "start up" of the year I pull the coil wire and crank it for a  good 30 - 45 secs just to get some things flowing....

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on September 10, 2018, 09:01:40 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on September 10, 2018, 08:06:07 PM
One thing I do on mine is to crank it over for a bit withoit starting it to ensure there is fuel in the bowl. Wait and then see if there is seepage. If nothing is showing then move on to the fire up. And watch again while everything warms up.

Mike

Almost forgot......... on the first "start up" of the year I pull the coil wire and crank it for a  good 30 - 45 secs just to get some things flowing....

So if I parked the Challenger say December 22nd or 23rd & decide to go for a cruise on New Years day I'm supposed to crank the engine for a minute before starting the car?   :thinking: :huh: :D

tman

I would say no.  Everyone has their own preferences to fill their carbs.  1 week is no big deal. 

RUNCHARGER

I would say yes. That old car probably needs a new camshaft anyway.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

This is the great thing about an electric fuel pump.

Flip the switch - done.

:veryexcited:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

BIGSHCLUNK

Im looking at putting her to bed in nov and wake up time is april or may depending on the weather. Last few years its been may. 

Ns1aar

I've had these problems with my AAR I have readjusted the float drop and it seems one problem is gone