Main Menu

Looking for a Holley Carb

Started by headejm, March 01, 2017, 10:24:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Looking for a Holley R4369A carb, p/n 3418562. Anybody have one or can lead me in the right direction?

Cuda Cody

Popular carb!  I think you and @71GranCoupe  are both trying to find one. 

71GranCoupe

Quote from: headejm on March 01, 2017, 10:24:48 AM
Looking for a Holley R4369A carb, p/n 3418562. Anybody have one or can lead me in the right direction?

What date code are you looking for? I am looking for one with an August 69 or earlier. I do have one that is dated 3299, or 329 day of 69. There is one on ebay and if it was within the date range i would be all over it.

And I believe the price is fair too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222345986145?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

headejm

My Challenger build date is May 1970. Not sure how far in front of that date I need to be for Holley?  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

Anything with a 30 to 60 window would be nice, but as long as it's before the build date and not by more then 6 months I would consider it to be date code correct.  That's just me though.

Quote from: headejm on March 01, 2017, 11:37:31 AM
My Challenger build date is May 1970. Not sure how far in front of that date I need to be for Holley?  :notsure:

71GranCoupe

There was a chart floating around on one of the sites for approximate date codes for different car SPD's on different parts, eg, alternators, starters, etc. . Don't hold this to me, but 90-120 days seems to ring a bell for carbs. I would take most any date as long as it was before my door vin of 9/69. Just hard to explain how a carb dated after the SPD would be in the realm of things. Unless building 100 Point oem car, i would be happy with a December carb for a May build. But, in thinking 60-90 days prior would be closer.   :dunno:

headejm

71GranCoupe

If my car was not high option Dealer Promo car, I would just put on any 4369 carb on it, but is a true survivor with 68k on the clock. A vehicle never molested or hacked. i replied to your PM, hope that gives you some insight.

ScottSmith_Harms

Guys, I have to say that when it comes to almost all Mopar carburetor date codes there is not any "range" you can live by, it was quite random.  Some cars such as A12 cars, T/A & AAR cars, and a couple other odd examples were made in batches and had more consistent dates for those applications but for the most part pretty much "anything goes" if the part# for the application is correct, and it was assembled a few weeks prior to your cars Scheduled Production Date (keeping  in mind SPD's were generally only somewhat accurate as to when the car was actually build) it is acceptable as correct for your car.

Hemidad

I've got a 4369-1 with a December build date.

ScottSmith_Harms

I have a 4369 dated 2030 (Wednesday July 22, 1970) here now. Its customer owned but he doesn't need it, I would put you in contact with him if interested.

Cuda Cody

@headejm  looks like a few options!   :banana:  Thanks @ScottSmith_Harms  and @Hemidad  for your help.  :wave: