Main Menu

Holley Carb for my RT/SE

Started by 71GranCoupe, January 10, 2017, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

I am looking for a Holley carb for my RT/SE as the title says. It has an SPD of , but was not finalized until 9/69. It is a Dealer Promo car with many options, probably not availble at first days of production, hence the late door tag. The number I am specifically looking for is 4369. Any carb with a build date after August will not work. Send pictures if you have one laying around. I prefer a complete unit, but willing to look at a partial as well. Once I find the right one, I will drop it off with Scott Smith of Harms for a rebuild.

thanks guys

Cuda Cody

Yup, that's a pretty early car and finding a carb that early will be fairly hard.  But I'll keep my eye open for you.   :takealook:  I'll be at the big Portland Swap meet in a few months and I'm planning to go tot Carlisle too.   

Cuda Cody

Dang, this one could have worked....  someone got it.

[ebay]262017920897[/ebay]

headejm

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on January 10, 2017, 11:31:02 AM
I am looking for a Holley carb for my RT/SE as the title says. It has an SPD of , but was not finalized until 9/69. It is a Dealer Promo car with many options, probably not availble at first days of production, hence the late door tag. The number I am specifically looking for is 4369. Any carb with a build date after August will not work. Send pictures if you have one laying around. I prefer a complete unit, but willing to look at a partial as well. Once I find the right one, I will drop it off with Scott Smith of Harms for a rebuild.

thanks guys

What engine is in your RT/SE?

71GranCoupe

Quote from: headejm on January 10, 2017, 12:37:14 PM
Quote from: 71GranCoupe on January 10, 2017, 11:31:02 AM

thanks guys

What engine is in your RT/SE?

I missed that in the above info, it is a 383. And yes, that one Cody spotted would have been close enough.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 10, 2017, 12:34:27 PM
Yup, that's a pretty early car and finding a carb that early will be fairly hard.  But I'll keep my eye open for you.   :takealook:  I'll be at the big Portland Swap meet in a few months and I'm planning to go tot Carlisle too.
Thanks Cody.  :thankyou: I hopefully will be at the Spring Fling in April. Oh, by the way, I still have your desk-art that I picked up from you sometime back. It is in with all my backup parts.

headejm

Did some 1970 383 RT's get Holley carbs and some get Carter carbs? My 1970 came with an AVS carb.  :notsure: Was it a 1971 thing? What was the determining factor for carb selection?

Cuda Cody

I thought all 1970 383 RT's got a Holley.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: headejm on January 10, 2017, 04:43:39 PM
Did some 1970 383 RT's get Holley carbs and some get Carter carbs? My 1970 came with an AVS carb.  :notsure: Was it a 1971 thing? What was the determining factor for carb selection?

headejm

Does the SE have anything to do with mine being an AVS?

71GranCoupe

I agree with CODY on the Holley vs AVS. From the info and what I have seen, 383 HP got the Holley and 440's got the AVS. Good friend had a RT/SE 4 speed car, all numbers and an oem resto and it had the AVS. In looking at the White Book, it does show an AVS on the low performance 383 though.  :cheers:

fc7cuda

My RT/SE 383 car D21 had the original Holley on it.  It did switch it over to AVS half way up Pike's Peak when the Holley choked/flooded out from the altitude gain. Oh, the fun days..... :waving:

Tom

headejm

Timbbuc2

Quote from: headejm on January 10, 2017, 04:54:46 PM
Does the SE have anything to do with mine being an AVS?
My SE has a AVS
Get in, I'll drive

Chaos-N-Mayhem

That is a tough carb to find. I was looking for a 4369 for my 70 Charger 500 for a couple years with no success. Thought I had found one once on ebay and quickly bought it for all of $45. I thought it was a great deal until I got it and realized it was a 4368. It was a nice carb and good in its own right but not the numbers card I was specifically looking for. I messaged the ebay seller his title listing was wrong, but also discovered in his description he listed as a 4368. So I was partially to blame for not reading thoroughly. Guess I was excited to have finally found it. Seller said it was an honest accident/typo and offered to refund me. But it wasn't worth it. I was out of luck on the correct carb.
Certainly hope a member can help you locate the one you need.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Chaos-N-Mayhem on January 16, 2017, 08:01:29 PM
That is a tough carb to find. I was looking for a 4369 for my 70 Charger 500 for a couple years with no success. Thought I had found one once on ebay and quickly bought it for all of $45. I thought it was a great deal until I got it and realized it was a 4368. It was a nice carb and good in its own right but not the numbers card I was specifically looking for. I messaged the ebay seller his title listing was wrong, but also discovered in his description he listed as a 4368. So I was partially to blame for not reading thoroughly. Guess I was excited to have finally found it. Seller said it was an honest accident/typo and offered to refund me. But it wasn't worth it. I was out of luck on the correct carb.
Certainly hope a member can help you locate the one you need.

thanks for the word of encouragemen and glad to see another new member.  :welcome:  I usually watch  :ebay: for the carb, but somehow missed the one Cody referenced. talk about being a couple months late and a dollar short. I did pick up one last year, but it is several months after the door tag. I could use it, but holding out for the better match. :drinkingbud: What date code are you looking for your Charger.  :slapme5: