Main Menu

727 to A41 Conversion - Good or Bad?

Started by 73_Cuda_4_Me, September 16, 2018, 04:54:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1973Barracuda

First photo is the connector that goes to the box, second is the box. Third is the connector to the handheld.

73_Cuda_4_Me

:thankyou:

Should be able to get large connector through plug in firewall, and it looks like I have open area right above that plug to mount head unit inside behind glove box. I'll have to see how I can route the display cable, maybe over ashtray housing into right side of dash housing where seat belt warning light is...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

73_Cuda_4_Me

The TCU and other hardware have arrived... A41 ships Tuesday!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

BS23H3B

1973Barracuda

They shipped your stuff separately? Dang, wish I had thought about that.......

73_Cuda_4_Me

Yes, they shipped the cross-member, mount, flex plate, flex lines, hard lines, reverse switch, starter spacer, 8 packs of mounting bolts, TPS, speedo cable and hardware, inspection cover, and the harnesses and TCU/harness box. I didn't request it that way, it's just how they did it... 33 pounds for first shipment in one box (oversize for hard lines), but well packed and everything arrived okay.

BS23H3B

1973Barracuda

The instructions may say lube the speedometer cable, I looked everywhere for the lube, it didn't exist. The cable came lubed.

73_Cuda_4_Me

BS23H3B

1973Barracuda

Some of the bolts you just have to figure out where they go. Not rocket science, but it isn't labeled- put these two bolts here etc. again, not a hit on the company, it does come with everything you need.

73_Cuda_4_Me

Transmission will be delivered tomorrow afternoon...

1 or 2 weeks of fall color cruises, then start the conversion...

It is actually sunny and 78 degrees today! Too bad I had the pool closing process today!

BS23H3B

1973Barracuda

I am still playing with the wiring. And, after a few drinks, you can run the connector that goes to the transmission, thru the 4 speed hole from the inside. That can keep the boxes inside. Still playing with it, but it looks like all the wires will still reach where needed.

73_Cuda_4_Me

Thanks, 1973Barracuda...!

Tranny arrived!

I have column shift 727 now... so will have to explore the options when I get into it in a couple of weeks.. Glad you found a suitable route for yours!

BS23H3B

1973Barracuda

You still have the 4speed hole. It has a grommet in it. Just another option possibly.

73_Cuda_4_Me

Will check it out! Thanks for the tips! They are greatly appreciated!

:thankyou:

BS23H3B

jordan

Hi Guys,

I have an a41 in my Cuda and love it.  It is pretty straight forward to install.  I was worried about the first start up and setting the trans up with the lap top, but it turned out to be pretty easy.  I got a program from Keisler and haven't changed it.  I feel as though it is perfect for all driving situations.  I stayed with the lower range torque converter since my car makes great torque at low RPMs.  It has been fool proof to this point.  Install it and drive.  Change your own gears or let the computer do it.   I love it. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

73_Cuda_4_Me

thanks for this, @jordan Greatly appreciate the feedback! Looking forward to the installation!

BS23H3B