Main Menu

Hemi Conversion Kit

Started by StanP, October 13, 2022, 04:47:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

StanP

Looking for recommendations for a Hemi Conversion kit that contains the necessary parts to install in an 1973 E-body. Engine will be a 6.4l crate with a TorqueFlite transmission. Open to suggestions for the transmission also. Thanks in advance. 

Chryco Psycho

Roseville Moparts & Mancini would be the first places to check .
I have not seen a kit , usually you have to piece things together , Mounts & headers are available through TTI , Oil pans from Mancini 'or Milodon , EFI fuel tanks from Tanks Inc or Holley .
I have done a number of conversions & always had to piece it together .
Any small block trans will fit / LA belhousing , numbers of choices for Manual or Auto

Katfish

Bouchillon Performance will put together everything needed, not cheap though.
I'm almost done with my swap, sourced the parts myself to save money.

anlauto

Quote from: StanP on October 13, 2022, 04:47:27 PM
Looking for recommendations for a Hemi Conversion kit that contains the necessary parts to install in an 1973 E-body. Engine will be a 6.4l crate with a TorqueFlite transmission. Open to suggestions for the transmission also. Thanks in advance.
Is your plan to upgrade the front suspension and steering or retain the stock K-Frame ?

Silver Sport sells a nice A41 programable four speed automatic that will bolt right in  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Filthy Filbert

Roseville Moparts has the closest thing to a kit; Jon emailed me an excel spreadsheet that had all the parts, their part numbers, and current pricing that's needed to swap a 6.4 into an E-body.  Including the crate engine itself, all in is about $15k and you still need to figure out a transmission. 

I plan to cut that cost some by doing my own shopping.   For example, I doubt I need a $300 starter when I'm betting a $20 scrap yard Dakota starter will suffice just fine; and I should be able to buy a fuel pump and install it myself instead of spending $550 on a new tank/pump assembly.   

Fern

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on October 17, 2022, 10:06:23 AM
Roseville Moparts has the closest thing to a kit; Jon emailed me an excel spreadsheet that had all the parts, their part numbers, and current pricing that's needed to swap a 6.4 into an E-body.  Including the crate engine itself, all in is about $15k and you still need to figure out a transmission. 

I plan to cut that cost some by doing my own shopping.   For example, I doubt I need a $300 starter when I'm betting a $20 scrap yard Dakota starter will suffice just fine; and I should be able to buy a fuel pump and install it myself instead of spending $550 on a new tank/pump assembly.

Any chance you could upload the spreadsheet so we could see where all the money goes?