Main Menu

TA Block Has Been Repaired

Started by 700 AKN, November 26, 2018, 09:49:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

unless there is other evidence - blank VIN pad & there appears to be nothing where the "JAP 06 91" was stamped

:thinking: I'd bet it left Chrysler as a bare "T/A" block  :alan2cents:

70chall440

Mopar or no car!!!

700 AKN

This will be the last update on this project, unless something happens in the coming months that warrant's a tirade of colorful metaphors.

The engine rebuild is done and back in the car.   I have only had a short drive ( 25 miles ) with the car, but all sounds & looks really good.   Gauges show normal oil pressure and no issues with over heating.   I will be easy on the throttle for a few 100 miles and in time maybe get more nerve to punch-it and be thinking about Star Wars when Han Solo say's...  "Hear me baby, hold together"   I know it's early but overall I'm happy with how it all went together and feel confident it will last until I'm old & haggard sitting in a driver-less UBER car.   End of transmission...

Strawdawg

Beautiful!  Glad things are looking good!
Steve

blown motor

@700 AKN Glad you have things working better. What I'm reading into this is that you'll have it parked with the rest of us at Moparfest in August.   :Stirring:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

Congrats on getting it all back together  :twothumbsup:
Not going to run a Clutch fan like the originals ?

700 AKN

QuoteWhat I'm reading into this is that you'll have it parked with the rest of us at Moparfest in August.   :Stirring:

I'm going to try and make it this year to "Moparfest" because I have missed the last 4 years.
When that time arrives I'll submit the forms to attend as a member of e-bodies.org.
Just hope the weather co-operates because I found out my wipers do not work anymore so I need to have the wiper motor rebuilt.  Dang!!

700 AKN

QuoteNot going to run a Clutch fan like the originals ?

I have never had any issues with over heating & the radiator is not original.
A few years after I purchased the car I had the radiator removed and a new one put in.   I made a mistake and never kept the original so maybe at that time the fan clutch was removed from the fan.
Some day maybe I'll find the proper radiator and add the fan clutch.  Hope this makes sense because I'm a dork when it comes to mechanical issues.
   :tool: