Main Menu

Air Conditioning

Started by Glow Worm, April 05, 2018, 10:40:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Glow Worm

How many members have properly functioning Air Conditioning on their 'Cuda/Challenger?

Mine WAS working until the wiring harness was replaced.  Now I have no power to the switch for the A/C or the heater motor.

I'm seriously thinking of removing the A/C and calling it a day . . . .

I had to laugh when watching an episode of Graveyard Carz when Will said:  "Wow!  This is the first time I have ever ridden in a muscle car with air conditioning . . . . . that worked . . . . "
"If I had all of the money I have spent on cars . . . I'd spend it on cars."

GoodysGotaCuda

Vintage Air in mine, works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

CudaHead

I have two.
70 Cuda 340 with Factory A/C that works..
70 Gran Coupe Convertible with Factory A/C that works.

Dakota

My car isn't on the road yet, but the plan is for the A/C to be set up and running.   It's a stock set up converted to run 134a.

Timbbuc2

Installing Vintage Air on mine, only way I could get AC and a Shaker
Get in, I'll drive

71-440

Mine was installed by the previous owner. The original build had A/C. I am not sure where he got it from.

Joe

jt4406

:twothumbsup: 440/6, 18 spline OD, 3.54 dana, Vintage Air......cruise in comfort. Life's too short to not ENJOY what you enjoy. My .02 :driving:

"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

CudaHead

jt4406

Six pack air cleaner clears A/C hoses and compressor..... :brainiac: 
"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

JH27N0B

I just had the AC restored and reinstalled on my 70 Challenger convertible. It's converted to 134.  Still needs to be charged up but should be up and running this spring.
I always put the top down when i have the car out, so I'm not sure how much I'll use the AC, but it's an original AC car so I wanted it back in place!

Brads70

My buddy Mike has A/C in his fresh 71 R/T clone. It's now up for sale. 340 Shaker

Mickm

Vintage Air in mine.....works awesome!

Cheers!
Mickm

Rich G.

My 71 340 was a factory air car and when I put on a shaker hood all I changed was the original compressor to a sanden compressor and it works great!

Fishzhil

If you decide to replace it, you will have to pay a lot of money for a new aircon. Of course, you can buy a used one, but I don't think it is a good idea, because it could also break like the first one. That is why you have to try to repair it. Start with an aircon chemical overhaul. When my aircon broke, I contacted some guys from https://www.marvellous.sg/aircon-chemical-overhaul/, and after they did a chemical overhaul, everything worked as it was new.

R/T's 4 R/P

Classic Auto Air in Tampa seems to be the only choice for rebuilds.
My recent experience has been that, like a lot of companies nowadays they are not who they were five years ago. They seem to be struggling with turnaround, quality, etc.
I'm sure hanging on to decent staff has impacted them as well.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT