Main Menu

Bleeding Clutch On My TKO-600

Started by Daveh, May 01, 2018, 12:08:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

I'm ready to bleed the clutch on my Tremec TKO 600.  I've heard the issues.  Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions on the best way to do it?  What is the proper method?  Thanks

Dave

Chryco Psycho

if there is no bleeder screw at the bottom push the pushrod all the way in , make sure the reservoir is full & let the pushrod out , do this a few times & it will push the air out

Daveh

It does has bleeder facing down.  Do I bleed it like brakes?  Do it until I don't see any bubbles?  I do have a hand pump vacuum bleeder.

1 Wild R/T

Never done a TKO but use to have plenty of problems bleeding Ford Ranger clutches, I found I could quickly & easily bleed the system by lowering the fluid level in the master then pushing fluid up through the bleeder screw.... A syringe works well for this.... Connect a length of hose to the syringe & purge all the air from the syringe & hose before connecting it to the bleeder screw...

82firebird

It has been awhile since I did mine, but if I remember correctly, I had to use a small amount of air (from a compressor) blown through the small hole in the cap with the rubber out to get the fluid moving. I ordered everything from Modern Driveline and when I had an issue I called them and they explained it very well. I do remember him saying not to try a hand pump. Hope that helps!

GoodysGotaCuda

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Rich G.

I did mine a few years ago and I just cracked the bleeder and let it gravity bleed.  Just make sure the Reservoir stays full.