Main Menu

Set valve lash 340 with adjustable rockers

Started by LinceCuda, March 03, 2018, 04:44:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

LinceCuda

I put in the search box and nothing came up. So if you google a ton of ways come up from simple to what seems complicated. The simplest one I saw stated that with the intake off this is the easiest way starting with #1 . This is with hyd. lifters

1. #1 piston TDC both lifters will be level in the valley holes.
2. Spin the push rod while adjusting the rocker bolt until you have resistance tighten another 3/4 turn and tighten the lock nut to 20lbs.
3. Do both the ex. and in. valve for that piston.
4. Rotate the the crank until #3 piston is TDC and repeat.
5. Complete the rest on that bank and then repeat starting with #2 on the other bank.
6. Done in less than 15 minutes.

Sounded easy enough so that's what I did. But of course I wouldn't start this engine until I heard from y'all. Thoughts :wrenching:

Spikedog08

I don't know if it is the same for small block motors, but that is not the way I complete a lash job on my big block . . .

mopar lash chart
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RUNCHARGER

I've used that lash chart for decades as well.
Sheldon

Jim AAR

Small block is the same as far as I know, but I have always used the attached one from the Plymouth Service Manual.

This one looks easier though.

Chryco Psycho

as exhaust start to open set intake ,
as intake closes set exhaust ,
work through the firing order

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on March 03, 2018, 07:30:59 PM
as exhaust start to open set intake ,
as intake closes set exhaust ,
work through the firing order

Best method.... But allot of people seem to find it confusing..... Till they've either done it or watched it being done....

mopar jack

From the old Direct Connection manual. Makes the adjustment process a little faster.