Main Menu

Exhaust question

Started by fireguyfire, June 01, 2020, 06:47:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

I've got a 1970 383 engine in my 73 challenger, and during my resto I put the engine back to 1970 stock look, as it had a bunch of next day items on it, including old school hooker headers.
I've gone back to 1970 dates exhaust manifolds, and my existing exhaust system is in very good shape.
My issue is that now I've gone back to manifolds, the exhaust is short by a foot or so because of the header length.
I don't need to replace the whole exhaust system if I can help it, but looking around all I'm finding are full exhaust systems.
Can I find exhaust pipes pieces that bolt to the exhaust manifolds, and are just front pieces that will allow me to cut and connect into my existing exhaust system from the manifolds?
If so, what would the front section of pipes be called?

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

RUNCHARGER

Headpipes were what I always heard them referred to as well.
Sheldon

Rich G.

Call Accurate Exhaust. They probably can get you what you want.

Burdar

The existing exhaust system is probably custom built by an exhaust shop.  Anything from a catalogue probably won't fit.  You can buy the head pipes but connecting them to the existing exhaust will probably be hard.  My suggestion is to take the car to an exhaust shop.  There they can make a custom set of head pipes and bolt them to the existing exhaust.  That's probably your cheapest solution. :alan2cents:

fireguyfire

That's true but then that adds the headache and cost of having the car hauled there, and back