Main Menu

Building a 318 vs 340

Started by Matt13, August 13, 2020, 04:22:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Skdmark

Quote from: Scooter on August 15, 2020, 11:44:16 AM
Quote from: HP2 on August 15, 2020, 08:08:55 AM
So, the 340 core is $1500. A 340 crank kit will be $2000. New heads are going to run you $1500. So you are up to $5000 and you still need to put it together.  Not sure where your assembly skills are at or if you will be paying a shop to assemble this all so this cost is somewhere from a few hundred to another grand plus the time involved with either assembly path.

Or you call up a crate provider for a complete or long block set up
Complete Blueprint Engines, 375 hp 408 stroker, $5000
Carolina Engine Machine 335hp 318 long block $3400
ATK 360 320hp long block $3000
VEGE 360 roller long block, should be an easy 300hp $2300

I look at what these builders have to offer every now and then. Don't most of them stroke the 360 to 408 or whatever using the magnum blocks?

I' m under the same impression.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Matt13

Well guys, the California heat and a 22yr old A/C system (Carrier 5 Ton) made the decision for me. No new motor.  :'( All money going to a new system. If anyone has interest in any of the 3 - 340's, message me and I'll give you names and numbers.

EB3-GranCoupe

New home A/C units. I know how that goes. I have two at my place, one for each floor. When I bought my house in 1994, the two GE units were already 12 years old, but they lasted until 2017, when too many pinhole leaks were unrepairable in the copper lines. I had to spring for two new Carriers, and have been happy with them since. Got 35 years out of the GE's, so I figured I'm still ahead of the game.

YellowThumper

SoCal here and just replaced my whole unit last week. Got 25+ years out of last one.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

dodj

Northern Ontario Canada here...never had a home a/c unit......
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Matt13

Quote from: dodj on August 20, 2020, 03:38:10 PM
You're 10-15K ahead in the game of home ownership then!

RUNCHARGER

Our unit has been running pretty steady the last month.
Sheldon

xx88man

Quote from: dodj on August 20, 2020, 03:38:10 PM

Neither have I. But 3 weeks from now we move into our new home that already has it. Everything else needs repair but the house has A/C.  :rofl:   I also will be putting up a new garage   :twothumbsup:
Keep yer foot in it

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon