Main Menu

Carb spacer ? Heat soak

Started by Purepony, July 17, 2021, 10:16:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Purepony

Hi all !

I noticed after a short drive and turning off the car it's a struggle to turn it back on so I was reading that a carb spacer helps with the heat soak.

I wrapped the fuel line in some header wrap and it did help but I figure with the carb spacer o should be better off so my question is what size carb spacer should I get ? 1/2 or 1 inch ? I can clear both from what I see on the car and I was also told to avoid aluminum because of the heat transfer.

Thanks all and any advice always appreciated

Mrbill426

I saw some recent discussion about that; I think it was here  :thinking:  I imagine what ever thickness your hood and carb/kickdown linkages allow.

dodj

Thicker the better......

Not ferrous or aluminium
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Rich G.

js27

I had the same trouble with my 318 Satellite. I bought the Edlebrock 1" spacer and I think it help a little bit. It seems like all todays pump gas tends t evaporte faster because of the Ethnol. A electric fuel pump would also cure that problem.
The space I got was made from what looks like a Laminated Wood and not the all Alluminmum.
JS27

MoparLeo

Non metallic. Phenolic insulators have been around for many years.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Chryco Psycho

Not sure what type of carb you are using but I like the larger alum plate that cover under the bowls on the holley style carbs with an air gap above & below

Cratos

return fuel system helps to. solved mine that way.