Main Menu

Clutch issues FIXED for good !!! Finally !!!

Started by Racer57, August 22, 2024, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

Sometimes you just have to say "F*** IT !  :D   Paid Silver Sport Transmission $4,800 for TKX 5 speed, shifter mechanism, diaphragm pressure plate, Clutch Plate, Flywheel, hyd clutch and pilot bearing. Paid local shop to remove everything and install new $2,600. $7,400 worth of aggravation over the past 10 years, chiropractor bills, no longer missing gatherings because I just don't care anymore and wife pissed at me because I'm pissed, GONE !!! YEEHAW !! 

dodj

:bigthumb:
May you have many happy cruise miles.
Look forward to hearing a review of what you think of the TKX after a couple months. Pro/con...hopefully mostly pro.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Fern

Did the TDX go in without any modifications?

Brads70

Katfish

Not up to speed, what's the backstory?
What was so bad you went this route?

Glad you're happy, it's really awesome when everything clicks.

Racer57

Quote from: Fern on August 23, 2024, 12:10:50 PMDid the TDX go in without any modifications?

Yes, but only because I was replacing an older TRO which is a direct swap, so my center hump was already cut out and I had the correct bell housing. 

Racer57

Quote from: Katfish on August 23, 2024, 02:51:25 PMNot up to speed, what's the backstory?
What was so bad you went this route?

Glad you're happy, it's really awesome when everything clicks.
I had an older TRO Tremec. Every time I thought everything was fixed, it wasn't. My clutch pedal had zero play at the top and bottom. It would work great, but when it built up heat, it would grind when I was at a stop light going to first from neutral. Brewers and SST confirmed that Clutch rod, fork, fork bracket, etc were all the correct parts. Had been fighting it for several years. Only things left were... had the tranny gone bad even after a rebuild couple years back, had the flywheel been shaved too thin before I bought the car in 2013, was the diaphragm pressure plate not working properly. Finally said F*** IT and replaced everything !  :D 

Fern

Quote from: Racer57 on August 23, 2024, 07:35:12 PM
Quote from: Fern on August 23, 2024, 12:10:50 PMDid the TDX go in without any modifications?

Yes, but only because I was replacing an older TRO which is a direct swap, so my center hump was already cut out and I had the correct bell housing. 

Great to hear it all went well.

71GranCoupe

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet! If you can enjoy the ride, it is money well spent. Take the wife out for a ride to her favorite place for a weekend!