Main Menu

727 shift kit

Started by cudamadd, February 26, 2021, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Hi going to have my 727. Behind my 340 rebuild soon .my question is should I have a shift kit installed or not ?  :australia:

Chryco Psycho

Well it really comes down to how long is a piece of string ?
What do you like/ plan to use the car for etc ?
If it was mine I would install a Trans go 2 , it will help the trans shift better & live longer .

cudamadd

It's just a driver But something it would be nice to let the rear wheels brake loose a little.But thanks for your reply good advise  :australia:

worthywads

I second the transgo 2.  A part throttle kickdown is nice too.

nsmall

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 26, 2021, 08:22:25 PM
Well it really comes down to how long is a piece of string ?
What do you like/ plan to use the car for etc ?
If it was mine I would install a Trans go 2 , it will help the trans shift better & live longer .

:iagree:

73_Cuda_4_Me

:iagree: with the Transgo II (if nothing else than slightly crisper shifts and being able to check fluid level in park), but 340's are not torque monsters, so don't expect a shift kit to help it rip off the line... depending on your rebuild, you should get some more bottom end, but a good torque converter will up the ante quite a bit with some higher rpm before flashing, and will give you more 'seat of the pants' feel than a shift kit will.

A lot also depends on what gears you have in the rear end... I have 3.23 with a Power Trax locker (originally an open, single tire fryer).
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

MoparLeo

Remember that everything has a cost. Getting a little chirp  means high stresses on the driveline, say u-joints.
Make sure that you are preforming complete maintenance on your car to keep it mechanically up to snuff.
Down load a Factory Service Manual and  read it. It will cover all sections of your car. The front section is on standard maintenance
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...