Main Menu

Column shift to floor shift

Started by david@blineconstruction.c, April 02, 2021, 12:15:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

david@blineconstruction.c

Hi guys
My 73 B originally has a column shift. It currently has a BnM ratchet shifter. I wanted to put the center console along with the original floor shifter and indicator. I asked roseville and they said they would have to piece it together.
I see on ebay a couple of guys selling the center console..not sure where to get the shifter and linkages part
Any help apppreciated

anlauto

Most of it has to be located with used parts, not everything is available in reproduction....Thankfully, there are a lot of people yanking that stuff out of their cars in favor of a four or five speed set-up, so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone selling the complete automatic set-up :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FF376

Sound like a perfect reason for a Carlisle trip to me! I located a complete set up that was removed with the floor pan on a part out years ago at Carlisle....

Hi..
Thanks for the info
I found the shifter assembly  and the center console
Do i really need to change the floor pan???

anlauto

Quote from: david@blineconstruction.c on April 02, 2021, 07:37:12 PM
Hi..
Thanks for the info
I found the shifter assembly  and the center console
Do i really need to change the floor pan???

NO, but you'll need to cut a hole and weld on some brackets.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FF376

Sorry for any confusion. I bought a section of a floor from a car being parted out but you do not need all of that.I found a pic online of later B body set up but if memory serves me correctly its pretty similar. at least it gives you an idea of some of the pieces....

I found these parts on ebay

Sorry...here are more pictures
Are these the correct parts
I think the brackets are pretty beat up so maybe i can make them myself
Also...now i wonder how hard to just put a bnm regular shifter inside the console
Projects...projects..projects

dodj

I did that conversion before I went manual. The existing floor of your car will have a 'dimple ' of sorts that will show you where you have to cut the hole for the rod that goes through the floor.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill