Main Menu

Cooling issue

Started by cuda hunter, February 24, 2024, 12:01:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Both styles might be the ticket.  Good idea.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Jay Bee

Just curious if you had any success with your dilemma or is it too soon to tell.

cuda hunter

Too soon.  We have about a foot and a half of snow at the moment. 
The car has not been resurrected from it's cold wintery tomb yet.

At this point I've done nothing but install 2 clamps on the nipple. 
I think the goal is to have a ring that goes around the inset groove, on the outside of the hose and then clamp over the top of that ring so I get some kind of pressure into the groove.
  I tried the original style ring clamp, corbin clamp,  but it doesn't really depress the thick rubber hose enough to do anything of significance. I will probably cut the tabs off the corbin clamp and use that as the ring to then use a screw clamp to compress the ring into the radiator hose.

Like Bullit suggested, I might end up with the corbin clamp on the inside of the hose instead of the outside. 

I've also purchased a 74 radiator recovery tank to put in place of the summit racing bullet looking thing.  Similar weight so not anything of significance for the track times. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee