Main Menu

1970 340 Bellhousing Color

Started by plymouthbelvy, October 06, 2017, 06:02:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthbelvy

Hello,Looking for correct color to paint my 70 340 manual bellhousing.Engine color or aluminum color.Thanks for any imput. I have seen both so not sure which is correct.

anlauto

Both...bolted to the engine when the engine was painted...overspray varies :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

plymouthbelvy

So aluminum and orange overspray?? Thanks.

RUNCHARGER

They painted the bellhousing on the engine. Generally the paint would be fairly heavy at the front of the bellhousing fading to much thinner at the rear of the bellhousing. Don't forget to paint the bolts to the engine as well.
Sheldon

plymouthbelvy

HEMICUDA

Bell housing was bolted to the engine when it was painted.  If you want perfect OE, wait until you have to pee really bad and you're not allowed to go until it's painted.

RUNCHARGER

Oh yeah: It's like painting the engine compartment, make sure to miss some spots and make up for it by running the paint in other spots.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

:haha:  :rofl:  :haha:

Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 15, 2017, 09:28:24 AM
Bell housing was bolted to the engine when it was painted.  If you want perfect OE, wait until you have to pee really bad and you're not allowed to go until it's painted.

Topcat

I've seen pictures they were over sprayed half way a fade out.

Factoy(s) varied and shifts varied on how it was done.

So unless you have your original un-restored to duplicate. Just paint it all.