Main Menu

Factory Forged 340 Crank

Started by 340Challman, July 16, 2023, 12:02:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340Challman

Hey Everyone,
I have an entire rotating assembly out of my 340 that has maybe 1000 miles on it and is balanced. I have someone that is interested in buying the entire assembly. It seemed to me that the most valuable portion of the assembly is the crank. The rods are Eagle H beams and the pistons are KB Hypers. Crank is only .010 under. What would you guys say the value of the crank is? What would you think the entire assembly would be worth? I know it's a subjective question, but I have to ask.
Thanks.
Kevin

R/T's 4 R/P

As always...it's a case of getting top dollar if someone is in real need, or selling because you want it gone.
I recently paid $400..., but also had the previous owner get it checked at a machine shop.
I had heard from some friends they've paid $150...but that's not what I found.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

erik70rt

I had a std sized 71 crank listed for $275 recently and it got a ton of interest. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

340Challman

Quote from: R/T's 4 R/P on July 17, 2023, 05:49:14 AM
As always...it's a case of getting top dollar if someone is in real need, or selling because you want it gone.
I recently paid $400..., but also had the previous owner get it checked at a machine shop.
I had heard from some friends they've paid $150...but that's not what I found.

Interesting. I Would have thought the factory forged crank would have been worth more. Were all 340 cranks forged or were some cast?
Kevin

Skid Row

:yes:72 & (73 Last Year) were cast.