Main Menu

Finally got my motor back

Started by tparker, April 29, 2021, 03:45:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

Quote from: MoparLeo on May 04, 2021, 01:14:07 PM
Maybe it just me but Since the goal should be on a new engine to not get any dirt etc... on the inside,... no valve covers, no timing cover, open valley, open intake ports and a chain laying in the valley. Anything that has oil/lubricant on it will just be a dirt magnet. and is just asking for dirt/debris getting inside when you get it assembled oiled up and then started. At least blow it off and bag it. But...not mine.

Yeah agreed. I took the bag off for the pic. DON'T want any dirt inside. It was uncovered for less than a minute. The dust in my area is horrible. And it is a sandy type. But no you have me thinking about my strategy for painting it this weekend to minimize any exposure to dust.

tparker

Quote from: ledphoot on May 04, 2021, 06:11:19 PM
Make sure you put some zinc additive in that baby before you fire it up :)

That's a pretty big cam, it should put out some power. Love the small block stroker.

This is what I used on my 416 for break in additive.
https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-LUC10063-Ounce-Engine/dp/B001DKN8ZU/ref=asc_df_B001DKN8ZU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312114638367&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14335706463177876251&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032251&hvtargid=pla-560316659013&psc=1

Oh yeah. The instructions are VERY clear about this as was the builder. I will check this out. My builder recommended a product that I forgot the name of, but was the same that several people here recommended.

tparker

Not great photos, but got a few with paint from Frank Baldason, It came out OK. A couple runs on the valve cover unfortunately. I'll begin to put it back together and in the car after a couple busy weekends pass. Maybe firing her up before July?

Chryco Psycho