Main Menu

Gen3 crate motor and controller?

Started by Katfish, August 14, 2021, 03:23:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Katfish

I'm learning what's needed to swap in a Gen3 hemi into my Challenger.
Has anyone bought the Mopar crate motor and controller?
I like the idea of a complete ready to install package.
But I see you need to change the oil pan, any other gotchas?
Does the crate motor have all the front accessories needed to run?
I know I'll have to get a compressor if I want to keep my AC.

anlauto

I just finished installing the crate 392. https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/a-g-a-r-this-just-in-week-thirty-five/19258/

The motor comes with manifolds that need to be swapped out. I used TTI headers and sold the manifolds for $350.

The oil pan needs to be swapped out, Holley makes a real nice pan, I sold the original one for $100.

I also removed the oil cooler, although it would have fit with my RMS front suspension, I don't know if it fits with a stock K Frame...I sold it too...you need to buy the filter adaptor fitting.

The crate motor also comes with a dual disc clutch and flywheel set-up that won't fit in most aftermarket bellhousings, so depending on your transmission choice, you likely need a new set-up. I sold the original set-up for $1000.

Along with the engine, you need to buy: The control wiring kit with the gas pedal etc..., The alternator kit, the PS pump kit and the AC compressor kit.

Everything available from our sponsor Roseville Moparts  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda70-74

U can use the junkyard harness and gas pedal to get it running if u dont want to buy the expensive control pack
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

anlauto

I believe our member Blake makes a great harness as well :thinking: @Blake@diyhemi.com  I was just reading about it in MCG
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Katfish

Thx for the replies, I have plenty of learning to do...........

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: anlauto on August 14, 2021, 04:52:32 PM
I believe our member Blake makes a great harness as well :thinking: @Blake@diyhemi.com  I was just reading about it in MCG

Yep, we have harnesses available. I'll be at Moparty this week if anyone wants to check out my car or ask questions
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!